Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Nuts About You!" ~ Paper Cutz Challenge #53

This card is for the Paper Cutz Challenge. You could use any cartridge, or colors you wanted but you had to use a digital, hand-stamped or Cricut cut image of a monkey, skunk, squirrel, or hedgehog.
So for this card I picked a squirrel from Create a Critter. I love how stinkin' cute she is!
I inked around the images, embossed the sky and the nuts (the nuts are from my box of mis-cuts so I can't remember what cartridge they are from.), punched the bottom edge with my Treading Water Punch, added Purple Stickles to the holes, ribbon from Michael's, and the sentiment is from my computer.
I really love how this came out! I hope you all enjoy and have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. That whole card is stinkin' cute! I love all the detail, it really comes together. What did you do to the squirrel eyes... they look amazing!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. You always leave such sweet comments and I really enjoy them. :)
    I got the eyes from Michael's about 3 months ago in the little kids art section. I think they cost around a $1.50 for the sheet. these ones are sticky on the back but they also have colored ones in a bag that aren't.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I posted the previous comment prematurely so I had to delete and start again...

    Thanks for the answer to my questions, I am going to look for those because they look amazing on your cute little squirrel! I always forget to check the little kids art section for cool finds.
    Keep posting wonderful projects my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Star! I love how the curlique on the ribbon matches the squirrel's tail :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your card being selected for the challenge. It is super cute!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana

    ReplyDelete