Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July- Firecracker Card

With Independence Day I decided to make a card celebrating this wonderful holiday. A while back I purchased a firecracker stamp from Peachy Keen. I loved it but it was too small to be used as a card centerpiece.

Since I really wanted to use it as a centerpiece I employed my wonderful husband's assistance. I stamped the image onto a piece of paper. He then scanned it and enlarged it to make it approximately 5 inches top to bottom. I then printed the image onto cardstock and added color using Sharpie markers. I used Fiskar's threading water punch on a scrap of blue cardstock. I added a 7/8 inch red and white polka dot ribbon I purchased at Wal-Mart.

I picked the sentiment myself and printed it off my computer. I then added faux stitching using a black gel pen around the sentiment.

To make the background for this card I stamped plain white cardstock with Stampin' Up's Yo-Yo Yellow ink pad and a star stamp I purchased on clearance at Michael's for $0.50. I then added yellow Stickles to the bursting fuse. I used foam tape under the sentiment and blue firecracker. The fuse is raised on 1.5 inch foam blocks.

These are all the supplies I used. Hope you enjoyed the card. Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment