Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Watermelon Card

Welcome to another Whimsical Wednesday!!
For today's challenge our wonderful design team member Amber came up with our "3 Times a Charm" challenge. which means you need to create a project with: 3 cuts, 3 colors ONLY, and 3 of the same embellishments, ie: 3 flowers, 3 brads, 3 buttons, ect.
So here is what I came up with.

I really wanted the sentiment to say: You're So Sweet but I can't seem to find my one stamp that says that so instead I used my Scrappy Moms stamp for the sentiment.
RECIPE:
CARTRIDGES- Simply Charmed(whole watermelon), Preserves(Other watermelons)
CARD STOCK/PAPER- Pink card stock is from Stampin' Up, Polka dot paper is from Doodle Bug.
OTHERS- Embossing Cuttle Bugs Polka Dot folder, Gems from I-rock, Ink Stampin Up.
Today's challenge prize is being donated by our wonderful design team member Jessica and she is donating the Cricut Cartridge Nursery Rhymes.
To see the rest of the design teams amazing projects please head on over to the Whimsical Wednesday Blog.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Star! Love your color choice and love your cuts!
    Excellent job on this weeks challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Star,this is so SWEET!AWESOME job with the colors and paper combo,I LOVE the cute little watermelons and the embossing!GORGEOUS job as always my friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY card Star. I absolutely love the watermelon theme. It is fantastic! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and fun! Love the design!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this watermelon card...brings a smile to my face!!! The colors are really fantastic and I love the design of it! Cute, cute, cute!!! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice simple design great colors.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute card! I love the colors and embossing! Those watermelon are so yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Star - Super smart design for this challenge. I love the squares and the watermelon cuts!!! Everyone is thinking fruit this week! :) Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours and love the embossing. The cuts are just perfect. Such clever creating! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO super cute :) Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card Star. The colors go perfectly together, that is a beautiful combination. This is a great LO too. You did an awesome job with the challenge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can comment again... Woo Hoo... I love your card, watermelons make me smile, I don't know why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Star! LOVE the colors and cuts you chose! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! It is bright, cheerful & fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I LOVE the watermelons and the bright, fun colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. great take on the challenge star. i really like the watermelon cuts. nice embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Star! I love the colors especially the polka dots:) Fun, fun card!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete