Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Treasure Chest ~ Cricut Imagine Buccaneer, Cricut Sweethearts

Hello Crafty Friends, 

   I can't believe Valentine's day is right around the corner! I love Valentine's day because of my kids. My husband and I are not very big on this holiday we do don't do the big dinner, jewelry, chocolates or flowers. We feel that is what our anniversary is for. However, we do really enjoy showing our kids extra love during this month.

You may have noticed that most of my valentine cards and projects are not very pink, girly, or filled with tons of lace or hearts, this is because all of our kids are boys except for one. (The girly ice cream card is for her.) Today's project is for my oldest son so I decided to go with a Treasure chest. This cut is from the Imagine cartridge Buccaneer. Although I love the cartridge and all of the cartridges I  bought for my imagine, I absolutely HATE my imagine! It has never worked right and it cost a fortune. :( anyway, because of that I cut this out on my explore :)  I found some really great red wood grain paper in my stash, perfect for adding some valentine red into my project and the wood pattern was  prefect for the treasure chest. I love the way the added crinkle ribbon and brads gave it texture.
I'll be adding this project into these challenges:

Cards Tv 3-D: Valentine's Treat Box or Bag





Card Recipe:

Cricut Cartridges: Buccaneer (Chest), Sweethearts (Heart Lock)

Paper: Craft Smith: Burgundy Rose

Sentiment: Printed from my computer

Extras: Crinkle Ribbon (Made it myself), We R memory keepers: Brads, Colorbox Chalk ink: Dark Brown


6 comments:

  1. I like that I have access to using my Imagine images with my Explore, too. The valentine treasure chest is so adorable. I know how much little boys like pirates and treasure chests. This is such a cute idea. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is very clever and I'm sure your children will love it! The ribbon and brads really make it look like a treasure box. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME little treat my friend!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this cute treasure box gift. Love the color/wood grain paper. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a treasure box is perfect for a little man on VDay. such a great 3D project. thanks for joining our BBTB2 heart challenge this week. Please join us often!!!

    Maureen
    moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your love chest :) How sweet!

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Diva's
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete