Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Container ~ LFIF Challenge

Peachy Keens Lets Face It Friday challenge is to make an altered item to hold Valentine cards. (Click on the link to read all the info.)

When they announced this challenge I thought it would be perfect to make a "Love Note" container for my kids. Each day my kids can write little notes to their siblings telling something they love about each other and every night after dinner we can sit down and read them and then the kids can keep the ones that are for them.

A lot of the DT used mail boxes from the dollar spot at Target but I am currently tapped out on money so I decided to use what I already had... formula cans. I had no idea what to do with them until this challenge came along.

Here is the top. I used "Making The Grade" cartridge for the words and "Mini Monograms" for the circles.

Here is the front of the can. I used "Love Struck" cartridge for the hearts and PK "Snow Cutie" stamps for the faces.

Here is the side. The punch is Martha Stewart.

These are the cards I made to fit in the can. My kids will be making round postcards that they can decorate on one side and write on the other.
I hope you enjoy and have a great day. :)

4 comments:

  1. PERFECT idea Star. This is adorable and you might as well use something sitting around rather than spending extra money if you can. It is expensive to papercraft. Way to do it on a budget! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love how the cards fit in the can, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool....love how the cards fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete